We decided to call our St. Petersburg tour agency the beautiful name NORTH PALMYRA. North Palmyra (in Russian SEVERNAYA PALMYRA) is a poetic name of St. Petersburg that came into Russian literature in the second half of the 18th century. In the ancient times, Palmyra located in the north-eastern part of modern Syria was famous for its luxury and wide-scale construction; its tsarina Zenobia, an educated and intellectual woman, extended the borders of her country after the death of her husband. All the above produced an analogy to the ruling of Catherine II and the large-scale construction. It is a poetic name often used in Russian literature. In our days it is a popular expression among residents of St. Petersburg.
- Our dedication to ensure you experience the real culture of Russia
- Our local knowledge of prime tourist sites and out-of-the-way places
- Our understanding of Russian history and culture;
- Bespoke service at competitive prices
- Flexible, knowledgeable and experienced guides
- Operating with all necessary local licenses and permits
- Easy and informative booking service
- Secure payment
- Advice on necessary visas
- Polite English speaking, helpful drivers
- Own reliable, clean and smoke-free vehicles
- 24/7 availability by prior arrangement
We would be delighted to welcome you to Russia and ensure you have a fabulous stay.